I was wearing this outfit on my birthday, which is actually held on November 18th last month. Sadly I had no time to post this outfit that day, so I have to postpone this birthday outfit until today. I must say that this is one of my favorite outfit. I found this abstract-painting-look alike skirt from my grandma's treasury & I modified this skirt at a tailor to cut down the size. I was mesmerize with the pattern & color as well, and this skirt is that typical item which isn't easily mixed with other item. The most safe mixture is black, but I refuse to wear black. One day, I tried this skirt with this magenta top - and the color mix turned out to be so interesting.
Skirt: Vintage (My grandma's)
Btw, today I got notified by Yunita that I'm nominated for Liebster Award in her blogpost. Thanks a lot!! I feel honored :)
For those who doesn't know, Liebster Award is dedicated for bloggers whose follower is below 200 & this award aimed to find new blogs around the world which is worth to watch.
This award require me to post 11 random facts about myself, so this is it.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1) I'm a dualistic person. Combination of sanguinic & melancholic. Easily laugh yet easily depressed.
2) I'm a DVD fetish. I like to collect so many DVDs yet sometimes have no time to watch them.
3) I'm a highly religious person & also philosophical. I love discussing about "heavy" stuffs.
4) I have a bad manner. I burp carelessly, I put my left leg on the chair while eating. Perhaps I need to be trained in John Robert Power School.
5) I'm a hearty-eater. I eat rice a lot - like boys.
6) I'm a perfectionist, especially about aesthetic & music. If you play a song on piano/guitar & your chord is wrong, I will spontaneously correct you.
7) I have a strong bonding with my mom. We exchange clothes, we giggles, we're bitching about other person, we do all things together.
8) I (almost) always have an awkward behavior when meeting my crush. I'm a bumbling person.
9) I don't easily socialize. I am picky.
10) To be honest, I have a cynical view toward elite socialites - the bourgeois.
11) I have a weird laugh. A laughable laugh.
Yunita also gave 11 list of questions for me & other nominees.
My answer from the list of questions:
1) What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is Momo written by Michael Ende. I also love Sophie's World by Jostein Gaardner eventhough I haven't finished reading it haha.
2) What movie that makes you cry?
The very first movie that made me cry was Titanic. I know, very cliche. Basically I always cry when the leading role tragically die: Cold Mountain, The Painted Veil, etc. I also cried when seeing injustice such as in My Name is Khan & North Country.
3) Describe yourself in three words
Describe-it-yourself. I sometime confuse with myself, how can I describe such a confusing being?
4) Have you ever googled yourself and been surprised at what you've found?
Yes I have. I was surprised once because I found another person who has the same name as myself (Izzaura). I thought I was the only one HAHA.
5) Favorite designer?
Haider Ackermman: very distinguishable. Karl Lagerfeld: a legend. Alexander McQueen: a genius who is totally out-of-this-world. (and Sarah Burton too).
Oh, and I love other British designers such as Mary Katrantzou, Peter Pillotto, & Christopher Kane.
6) What is your favorite TV shows?
None. I rarely watch TV.
7) What is your all time favorite movie?
Oh man, this is tough. LOTR, Shawshank Redemption, King Speech, Inception, ah so many! Couldn't pick one!!
8) Favorite Quote?
"An unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
"Because God has made us for Himself, our hearts are restless until they rest in Him." - St. Augustine
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." - Vernon Law
9) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Perhaps in Scandinavia, who have the welfare-state system. Countries around Denmark, Finland, Norway, or Sweden. Clean government, great natural scenery, peaceful country, at least that is what I heard.
10) When do you start blogging?
September, 29th 2011.
11) What is your favourite brand (clothes/shoes/jewelry)?
Unbranded. I don't attach myself to one brand because in fashion I'm a "free-thinker". I never put any kinds of brand as my "religion" and stick to it. I prefer a cheap, thrifted, unplanned shopping.
Actually I have to make my own nominees for another 11 bloggers who is worth for Liebster Award. But unfortunately I can't do it today, since I have some papers to do. But I WILL make them in my next post, including the 11 list of questions for the nominees!