4/25/13

A T-Shirt that Makes YOU-THiNK

Welcome back myself! (monologue)
I have to admit that life at the 6th semester is much more complicated since we are faced with the up-coming & the-coming-soon BACHELOR THESIS. I'm pretty much occupied with this thing lately & now I know how it felt: it's exhausting even before it really begins. My lecturer always say that "you have to find the core problem & why do you claim that as a problem". Geez, my life is already filled with bunch of problems & now we have to find another one? Please. *forgive the cynical tone*. Although I have some affection in writing papers & stuff, still, doing this is not as simple as that. 

Well, enough with the depressing-bachelor-thesis stuff. How about discussing this outfit?

Recently I observe that statement-word T-shirts are kinda ubiquitous. From the world top fashion bloggers, to the teenage street style, even to some random guy on the public transportation, statement or a "speaking" t-shirt is on its hype. I'm not a huge fan of this statement t-shirt especially if the words are attention-seekers like: "I only date rockstars" or "Single and available" etc. Until I found this t-shirt clothing line, called YOUTHiNK. YOUTHiNK is a clothing line specialized in premium quality t-shirt: not just for its garment, but also for the 'content' itself. The words depicted on the t-shirt are not trivial - it's a deep quotes from philosophers or theologian. Note that this t-shirt clothing line is created & managed by Christians, so you'll find Christian-based quotes. The name itself explain everything. YOUTHiNK consists of "YOU" & "THINK": it means that the words make you think about it. But also consists of "YOUTH" & "INK": it means that it is generated from a youthful mind. I found the concept of this clothing line is brilliant: mixing the latest trend of statement t-shirt & greatest quotes as the content. So the statement aren't just a statement - it's a very much thoughtful content that makes YOU-THINK.

The t-shirt I'm wearing quotes: "The tyrant dies his rule is over; the martyr dies his rule begins" by a Danish philosopher, Søren Kierkegaard. For you who learn a bit about philosophy, this name should be familiar to you. Søren Kierkegaard is a philosopher who regarded as "The Father of Existentialism" beside Friedrich Nietzsche. While Nietzsche is from the Atheist-wing (remember his famous quote "Gott is tot" - God is dead?) & Kierkegaard is from the Christian/Theist-wing. I'm not trying to give you a philosophical course. But for those who are Christian, try to think more about this quote:
"THE TYRANT DIES HIS RULE IS OVER; THE MARTYR DIES HIS RULE BEGINS" and compare it with Matthew 20:25-28. And also compare this quote with the history of the persecution of Christians by Roman Empire in the Bible & also in history books (e.g: Persecution of Christians by Nero that produce lots of martyrs).

Oversize Houndstooth Blazer: My mom's
Silver Cuff Necklace: a random store in PIM 2
Blue Statement T-shirt: YOUTHiNK
Black Skirt: Vintage
Silver Heels: Vintage


53 comments:

  1. I love your coat and your LEG !!
    LOL
    I never good in blue, I dont know why :(
    Come and see my blog if you have time <3

    xo,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the choker on this outfit! It really puts that retro vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! and the shoes are amazing too!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  4. supperbb love your heels and blazer!
    xoxo, MICH

    ReplyDelete
  5. LIKE YOUR STYLE GIRL!!! u always chic

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. That oversized houndstooth blazer is awesome! That style is making a huge comeback! Great look girl:)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really love your whole outfit and your great t-shirt! the best part is the blazer for sure!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing outfit! The t-sirt is a true highlight! Love it!

    Kisses from Hong Kong,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. azeeek alkitab dalam t-shirt! keren shayy, pakelah ini ke kampus wekeke

    cheers from Jakarta,
    Putri Soe
    SUPERNICE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love t-shirts with interesting quotations. Great look xx

    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey babes !!! you're so stylish! love your blog!
    Would you like to follow each other with Bloglovin?

    http://shopaholiclama.blogspot.c/

    Much♥
    
Twinsladybug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your lovely comment!!
    Your style is so sweet, love it =)

    http://addictbeiconic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  13. your outfit looks so cute, love the hints of blue! great styling :)

    Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  14. your metallic shoes!! super coolll <3333

    xx,
    www.mai-vhee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super chic outfit,love the blazer and the metallic shoes!
    Do visit my blog and if you like,follow on GFC,Bloglovin and Twitter and like my Facebook Page and i'll surely follow back on all!
    http://feistyfoxdiaries.blogspot.in/
    https://www.facebook.com/feistyfoxdiaries

    ReplyDelete
  16. That houndstooth blazer!! I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps everybody else
    encountering issues with your blog. It looks like some of the
    written text in your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide
    feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This
    might be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously. Cheers

    Also visit my web-site コーチ 時計

    ReplyDelete
  18. your coat is wonderful! I'm a big fan of shirts which have a quote etc. on them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am struggling at the 6th semester too, and yes it's harsh and rough, me have to start to write a thesis and it ain't easy, GOOD LUCK FOR YOU!

    and I love your blazer, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your t-shirt is so great!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely look !!
    maybe you would like to follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm following you back now sweetie,
    Thank you for your lovely comment :)
    You look lovely in these photos
    Speak soon,
    Have a great day
    Much Love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your style,your style is unique!
    i'm following you now,hope you can folback ? :)

    http://mypicturetellstories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome outfit, love that t-shirt :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome! Would you like to visit and follow each other? ;)

    Visit me http://currentlybreathing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. the coat and shoes are amazing
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  27. love your coat. beautiful!

    would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?
    Invite you to enter my giveaway to win eco bag and sativa bracelet :)
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I totally agree about the hype of t-shirts. Your's looks so cool and love the bright blue color too! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your blazer so much!!

    PUTRIVALENTINA.BLOGSPOT.COM
    PUTRIVALENTINA.BLOGSPOT.COM
    PUTRIVALENTINA.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi!
    Wonderful blog! Would you like to follow each other? (GFC, bloglovin, facebook) If so, please let me know on my blog, I will follow you back. <3
    xoxo

    http://narvaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. you made me feel better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your outer and your heels are amazing ♥_♥


    http://stays-d.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. followed you back dear !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. love the outer and tshirt! you look stunning! xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great note. Super pictures! :)
      Yours.

    + Please visit our blogs. :)

    "Everyone needs to dissolve the mean time, not only in words."

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving ur blazer kak :))

    meiszaecha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful words. So true!!!
    Nice necklace. I too have that one....
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing outfit! I was really into graphic t-shirts for a while, but now I don't have as many as I did years ago. The quote on yours is very thought provoking, x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cool outfit, love the outwear :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely outfit! And great outwear dear :)

    ReplyDelete